- This is week #6 of the Stay at Home Order. I hope you are coping with it reasonably well. If you are feeling cooped up with extra energy to burn, check out the online advancement opportunities that we are offering below.
- Remote Troop Meeting – Monday, April 27 – 7:00 PM SHARP!
We will gather as a Troop on Monday night for a remote Troop meeting on Zoom. If you are interested in joining and did not receive an invitation, please Contact Us
- We will start promptly at 7:00 because we only have the meeting for 40 minutes.
- Class A uniforms - please.
- We will be reviewing the Quiz Contest, advancement opportunities and discussing basic backpacking skills.
I hope you can join us. Mr. Gulliford and I have had a good amount of remote contact with those of you who are working on advancement and merit badges. It will be good to see the whole Troop together.
IN OTHER NEWS…
- Contest #5 Winners: The winner this week is Colin with 19 out of 20 and the bonus question. Chris Z. was a close second with 17 correct answers. The Mystery Golfer was Christian M. He was hiking with Zack Ryan in the Forest Preserves and took a break to work on his golf swing in one of the sand traps. No quiz this week. We gave the Quizmaster a week off to rest his brain.
- St. Juliana offers a virtual Sunday Mass every Sunday. You can watch it any time after that on the parish website. Go to stjuliana.org.
- Getting Outside
Some of you have been getting outside these days.
Prayer During the Pandemic
A Blessing for Caregivers
May you see with tender eyes
The wounds of those before you.
May you hear with well-tuned ears
The unspoken needs of those whose voices are muted.
May you hold with gentle hands
The bodies and the spirits of those you care for.
May the beauty of soul,
The strength of spirit,
The wholeness of being
Lead you, inspire you
And let you know your own
Beauty of soul,
Strength of spirit,
Wholeness of being.
May you know that,
As you care for others,
God cares for you, sees you,
Holds you tenderly.
- Family Life Merit Badge - A reminder from Mrs. Pelrine to email her at firstname.lastname@example.org with information about your projects so she can approve them and you can get started. She is also willing to work with other Scouts who would like to start the badge.
- Youth Protection Reminder – Scouts need to remember that your emails to leaders must be copied to a parent or another leader or both. It is very important to remember this for everyone’s protection. Please do not text leaders and leaders will not be texting you.
- Advancement – Info from Mr. Gulliford
The Pathway to Adventure Council is offering Citizenship in the World merit badge in 2 hour sessions in the afternoon and evenings during the next few weeks. Plenty of sessions are available through the end of the month. Attached to this newsletter is a listing of pre-requisites for this Eagle-required merit badge. If you are interested in earning this merit badge, here is a link to the registration site:
Let me or Mr. Gulliford if you have any problems with signing up.
See you at the Virtual Troop Meeting!
Scoutmaster, Troop 965