- Next Meeting – Monday, February 10 – Ahearn Center – 7:00 PM
If you are planning to start Family Life merit badge, please arrive by 6:45 pm. (More on this below.)
- Sock Drop Off – Saturday, February 8 – 8:00 AM – Meet at the Parish Center
We are meeting this coming Saturday at 8:00 AM at the Parish Center to load the socks for delivery to the Fraternite Notre Dame – an order of Catholic religious women who serve the poor and homeless on the west side of Chicago. We need Scouts and Leaders to help with the delivery. We will be back at St. Juliana by 10:30. Class A uniforms for everybody going – please.
- Sock Drive 2020 Report
We had an extremely successful Sock Drive this year. I want to thank Mrs. Kim Mulvaney for her leadership of the project and her work with the Patrol Leader Council to make the drive so successful. Between the two weekends in church and collections in the school and at CCD, we gathered a little more than 2000 pairs of socks! In addition, cash donations will allow us to buy another 700-800 pairs of socks. That’s nearly 3000 pairs – twice our goal of 1500.
It was a very successful collaboration between the St. Vincent DePaul Society, St. Juliana School, the CCD program and the Boy Scouts. Thanks to everyone who helped!
- February Scout Mass – Sunday, February 9 – 9:30 AM
Join your fellow Scouts and Leaders for Scout Mass. Class A uniforms – please!
- Family Life Merit Badge – February 10 – 6:45 PM – Ahearn Center Lobby
Mrs. Pelrine is starting a Family Life merit badge class. She will be at the Troop meeting on February 10 at 6:45 pm. If you would like to start working on the badge, you must print the Family Life merit badge worksheet (usscouts.org). You will not be allowed to start the badge without having the work sheet. I will issue you a blue card when you show me your printed work sheet.
- Health Form Time Again! - Note from Pete Stolarski
Dear Scouts and Parents
Rather than have a meeting to go through the process of how to fill out the health form, the Scouts and Leaders will receive their folders at this coming Monday’s meeting.
A letter will be included with the following and more information.
- Forms are highlighted as to where a signature is required.
- Copies of the insurance cards (both sides) need to be submitted.
- 3 copies of the completed forms and insurance cards to be returned.
- NEW! If you are going to Philmont, make 4 copies and do not submit your signed original (You will need it for Philmont) - Submit 3 copies
- Only a parent / guardian can return the copies to either Kelly Albanito or Pete Stolarski.
Deadline: June 29 Troop meeting
I recognize that this might be within the one year timeframe with insurance and getting a new physical exam. If so, please ask your doctor to fill out the forms and sign them without an exam. My physician does this for me. Of course, the more information you can pre-fill out, the more likely they will help you.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Troop Committee Chairman
- February Cabin Camping – February 28 – March 1 – BSA Camp Oh-Da-Ko-Ta, Burlington, WI
Mark your calendar for our last cabin weekend of the winter season. More information will be coming out soon.
- Four Great Outdoor Opportunities Coming This Spring – Mark Your Calendar
• March 27-29 - Backpacking Weekend on the Ice Age Trail at Kettle Moraine
This is a 2-night trek with full gear over 15 miles on the Ice Age Trail.
• April 16-19 – Three Night Camping/Hiking Weekend at Owasippe Scout Reservation
A three-night trip with base camping at Owasippe’s Camp Wolverine with one night out under the stars at Bass Lake in the backcountry of Owasippe.
• May 1-3 – Warren Dunes Tent Camping Weekend
Our annual weekend trip to the Dunes along Lake Michigan. We camp at the youth campground and spend most of Saturday exploring the awesome dunes and Lake Michigan shoreline.
• May 28-31 – White River/Lake Wolverine Canoe Trip
A three-night trip paddling on the White River, Cleveland Creek and Lake Wolverine in Michigan. The trip begins on the White River and ends on Lake Wolverine at Owasippe.
See you soon!
Scoutmaster, Troop 965