- Next Meeting – Monday, February 3 – 7:00 PM – School Hall
Here’s the plan for the Troop meeting:
- Sock Drive: Sorting socks and scheduling delivery
- Individual advancement time
Class B uniforms for everyone who helped with the Sock Drive over the weekend.
If you weren’t at the Sock Drive? Class A!
- SOCK DRIVE HOME STRETCH! - Saturday-Sunday, February 1-2
The first weekend of the Sock Drive was very successful. We have already collected 942 pairs of socks and one pair of gloves! We also have over $600 in cash donations. The parish, as always, has been very responsive and generous. Here’s the schedule (so far) for Weekend #2:
Sign-up looks pretty good, but there are still some of you who haven’t volunteered.
This is a Troop effort and we need everyone to pitch in.
Please send me a note to let me know at which Mass you can help.
Scouts and Leaders – Everyone needs to wear their Class A uniform and good pants.
Please – no sweats, jeans, baseball pants, pajama bottoms or shorts.
Plan to arrive at least 10 minutes before the Mass begins and to stay for 10 minutes at the end of Mass as people leave church.
- Patrol Leader Council Meeting – Monday, February 3 – 7:00 PM SHARP
The PLC will meet on Monday night before the Troop meeting. We will be discussing upcoming camping weekends, the Sock Drive and Webelos Crossover. Please arrive on time and ready to work. Let me know if you are unable to attend.
- Family Life Merit Badge – February 10 – 6:45 PM
Mrs. Pelrine is offering to start a Family Life merit badge class. She will be at the Troop meeting on February 10 at 6:45 pm. Please let me know if you are interested in starting this Eagle required merit badge.
- Health Form Time Again! - Note from Pete Stolarski
Dear Scouts and Parents
Rather than have a meeting to go through the process of how to fill out the health form, the Scouts and Leaders will receive their folders at this coming Monday’s meeting.
A letter will be included with the following and more information.
- Forms are highlighted as to where a signature is required.
- Copies of the insurance cards (both sides) need to be submitted.
- 3 copies of the completed forms and insurance cards to be returned.
- NEW! If you are going to Philmont, make 4 copies and do not submit your signed original (You will need it for Philmont) - Submit 3 copies
- Only a parent / guardian can return the copies to either Kelly Albanito or Pete Stolarski.
Deadline: June 29 Troop meeting
I recognize that this might be within the one year timeframe with insurance and getting a new physical exam. If so, please ask your doctor to fill out the forms and sign them without an exam. My physician does this for me. Of course, the more information you can pre-fill out, the more likely they will help you.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Troop Committee Chairman
- February Cabin Camping – February 28 – March 1 – BSA Camp Oh-Da-Ko-Ta, Burlington, WI
Mark your calendar for our last cabin weekend of the winter season. More information will be coming out soon.
- February Scout Mass – Sunday, February 9 – 9:30 AM
Join your fellow Scouts and Leaders for Scout Mass. Class A uniforms – please!
- 2019 Award Program Report
Congratulations to the Scouts who won the participation awards for 2019. Here are the results:
Most Troop Meetings: Luke – 41 meetings
Most Camping Nights: Shawn J and Luke – 15 nights
Hiking and Paddling Miles: Luke – 53.1 miles
Scout Mass/Service Hours – Colin
Congratulations to all of these guys!
- 2020 Incentive Program Launch
We started the 2020 Award Program with the New Year’s Day Canoe Outing. Some guys already have 7 miles towards the hiking and paddling award.
Get yourself out to meetings, outings, Scout Mass and service opportunities and see if you can win yourself a $50 gift card for awesome gear from REI!
- Two Great Camping Weekends Coming This Spring
March 27-29 - Backpacking Weekend on the Ice Age Trail at Kettle Moraine
April 16-19 – Three Night Tent/Backpacking Weekend at Owasippe Scout Reservation
See you at the Sock Drive!
Scoutmaster, Troop 965