- Next Meeting – Monday, January 6 – 7:00 PM – School Hall
I hope everyone a pleasant holiday. It’s time to get back to full speed in the new year. At our next Troop meeting, we will be discussing the upcoming cabin camping weekend, the Eagle Court of Honor, Sock Drive and working on advancement.
Class A Uniforms for everyone – please!
- Eagle Scout Court of Honor - Saturday, January 11 – Ceremony starts at 2:00 – Ahearn Center
Zack Ryan and Brian Pritt will receive the rank of Eagle Scout at the Eagle Court of Honor. This is the pinnacle of the Scouting experience. We hope everyone will attend. We need Scouts and Leaders to arrive at 1:00 to help set up. Thank you!
- Patrol Leader Council Meeting – January 6 – 7:00 PM
- Canoe Outing Wrap-Up
We had a big group of 15 hearty paddlers on New Year’s morning for the annual New Year’s paddle. The trip was a character-builder as we needed to navigate around a lot of downed trees and blockages in the river, but we still had a great time, and everyone came home DRY! Muddy, but dry!!
- January Camping/Tubing Weekend – January 17-19 – BSA Camp Sol Crown
The Troop will be cabin camping on the weekend of January 17-19 at Camp Sol Crown in Wilmot, Wisconsin. A big feature of the weekend is a side trip to the tubing hill at Wilmot. The cost of the trip is $60.00 per person ($40.00 for camping and $20.00 for tubing). The permission slip is on the Troop website and is due at the January 13 Troop meeting.
- Swim Training at the Playdium – Winter Session starts January 7
The winter session of BSA swim training at the Playdium at Our Lady of Perpetual Help in Glenview starts this coming Tuesday, January 7. It is high quality program run by BSA volunteers. Google “Scout swimming at the Playdium” for additional information.
- Annual Sock Drive - Saturday-Sunday, January 25-26 and Saturday-Sunday, February 1-2 – Back of Church
Please plan to make yourself available to help collect socks and donations for the annual Sock Drive later this month. The PLC will be making a sign-up sheet in the next week or two. We’ll need everyone to give some time to helping with the collection.
See you on Monday!
Scoutmaster, Troop 965