Key Takeaways from this Newsletter (Read this IMMEDIATELY!)
- Next Meeting – Sep 25 - Gym
- Sep- 29-Oct 1 Weekend at Camp Betz
- Important October Dates
- Summer Camp 2024 Dates
- Next Troop Meeting – Court of Honor - Monday, September 25 – Ahearn Center (Gym)
We had the Court of Honor at our last meeting.
- 10 rank advancements
- 58 merit badges
- 6 Totin’ Chip cards
- 4 Swenson awards
- patches and photos from summer camp
Thanks to everyone who pitched in to make the Court of Honor a success – SPL Jimmy, the Color Guard, and those who helped with the refreshments.
This coming Monday we will be getting ready for the tent camping weekend at Camp Betz.
Class A uniforms for all Scouts and Leaders.
- September Camping Weekend – September 29–October 1 – BSA Camp Betz
We will be camping with the Webelos Scouts of Pack 3965 at Camp Betz. We will be introducing the Webelos to Boy Scout camping and teaching them some outdoor skills – fire building, cooking, etc. The weekend will also provide opportunities for Boy Scouts to work on rank advancement.
The cost of the weekend is $25.00 per camper. The permission slip is posted in the Resource Center. Payment and the printed permission slip are due at the September 25 Troop meeting. No late sign-ups will be taken.
- October Dates of Note
- Friday, October 20 – Order of the Arrow Haunted Hike
- Monday, October 23 – Uncle Pete’s Ministry as part of the regular Troop meeting
- Friday-Sunday, October 27-29 – Tent Camping at Rock Cut State Park
- Summer Camp 2024 Dates are Set
We are confirmed for a week at Camp Blackhawk (Go!) for Sunday, July 14-20, 2024.
Have a good weekend!
Scoutmaster, Troop 965