- Next Troop Meeting – January 16 – School Hall - 7:00-9:00 PM
We have a full agenda for this Monday.
- Getting the Sock Drive boxes set up and placed in the school and church. We will also be getting Scouts and Leaders signed up for times to be in church for the collections on the weekend of January 21-22. We need all hands on deck! Parents are welcome to assist us!
- Taste-testing military MREs – Meals Ready to Eat. These are the meals our troops use when out in the field for training or combat.
Class A uniforms – Ooh aah special! Please remember to bring your Handbook.
- Upcoming Activities
We have a lot on the calendar for the coming months. The new calendar is on the Calendar page and a printable version is in the Resource Center. Here are some highlights I want to stress:
- Sock Drive – Weekends of January 21-22 and 28-29 – We will need everyone helping to cover the Masses each weekend. Please plan to be available to help.
- Parent Meeting and Flag Retirement Ceremony – Monday, January 23 – 7:30 for the ceremony and meeting. Every Scout should have a parent at this meeting. We will be discussing many important topics, including:
- Summer activities: Car Wash, Michigan City Coast Guard outing, summer camp at Owasippe, Mammoth Cave National Park, and a summer canoe trip in Michigan
- Health forms (yes – again already!)
- Whether to cabin camp in February
- Promoting Troop 965 to increase membership
- Service Opportunity at the Greater Chicago Food Depository – Saturday, January 28
- We have reserved 16 slots at the Food Depository to help with repacking produce for distribution to hundreds of agencies in Cook County. It is a fun outing to a massive working warehouse that supports a great cause.
- Eagle Court of Honor – Sunday, February 5 – 4:00 – Ahearn Center (Gym)
- Colin Albanito and Aiden Rice will be formally recognized for earning the rank of Eagle Scout. The Eagle Court of Honor is a very moving event as Scouts are recognized for reaching the pinnacle of Scouting.
See you Monday!
Scoutmaster, Troop 965