- Next Troop Meeting – January 30 – School Hall - 7:00-9:00 PM
We had a great meeting this week with the Flag Retirement Ceremony and the Parent Meeting. Thanks to everyone who came out to support their son(s) in Scouting. Almost every Scout was represented by a parent.
In the Parent Meeting we discussed the calendar for the next six months or so. We have an ambitious schedule of great activities:
- Sock Drive
- Eagle Court of Honor
- Cabin camping at BSA Camp Betz
- Wall climbing at Vertical Endeavors
- Tent camping at Warren Dunes
- Mammoth Cave National Park camping trip in June
- Summer camp at Owasippe in July
- Manistee River canoe trip in early August
- Troop Recruiting and Promotion
- Sock Drive – Weekend #2
We need all hands on deck for the last weekend of the Sock Drive. We had a very strong start last weekend, but need every Scout, Leader, and parent to sign up for a shift at one of the Masses this coming weekend. Please send me an email to say when you can help this weekend.
- Eagle Court of Honor – Sunday, February 5 – 3:00 – Ahearn Center (Gym)
Colin Albanito and Aiden Rice will be formally recognized for earning the rank of Eagle Scout. The Eagle Court of Honor is a very moving event as Scouts are recognized for reaching the pinnacle of Scouting.
Scouts and Leaders need to arrive at 2:00 to prepare for the Court of Honor.
See you Monday!
Scoutmaster, Troop 965