Key Takeaways from this Newsletter (but you still need to read it! Right this Minute!)
- Car Wash is THIS SATURDAY! – 8am-1pm
- No Troop Meeting on July 17
- Leadership Positions
- Superdawg Fundraiser – August 14-20
- Missing Tents
- Car Wash – THIS Saturday, July 15 – 8AM-1PM – St. Juliana Parking Lot – We Need Everyone!
The annual Car Wash is this Saturday. We need every Scout, Leader, and parent to help. Very little of your annual dues stay in the Troop. Virtually all of your annual dues go to the Pathway to Adventure Council and your subscription to Scout Life magazine. The proceeds of the Car Wash are critical in supporting the Troop budget. In addition to helping wash and vacuum cars, we are asking for donations of baked goods (cupcakes, cookies, etc.) to offer our car wash patrons. There is clear evidence that sweets cause wallets to open a little further when it is time to make a donation to the car wash!
Scouts and Leaders are reminded to wear the new blue Troop T-shirt.
- Next Meeting – July 24 - Ahearn Center (Gym) – 7:00-9:00 PM
No meeting on July 17. Most of us will be at camp.
Uniform of the Night is pajamas – tops or bottoms or both. Be creative!
- Upcoming Schedule
- Saturday, July 15 – CAR WASH! Set-up starts at 8:00!
- Sunday, July 16 – Troop leaves for Owasippe
- Monday, July 17 – No Troop Meeting – Most of the Troop will be at Owasippe
- Saturday, July 22 – Troop returns from Owasippe
- Monday, July 24 – Regular Troop Meeting
- Monday, July 31 – Regular Troop Meeting
- Monday, August 7 – Regular Troop Meeting
- Monday, August 14 – Troop Open House
- New Scout Leadership Positions
Thank you to the Scouts who stepped up to volunteer for Troop leadership positions for the coming year. Effective immediately, the new youth leaders are:
Senior Patrol Leaders – Jonah Ramirez and Jimmy Lagoni
Troop Scribe – Chris Zayia
Troop Guide – Luke Ramirez
Ninja Frog Patrol
Patrol Leader – Tom Swenson
Assistant Patrol Leader – Nathaniel Mandelin
Galaxy Bears Patrol
Patrol Leader – Aiden Castro
Assistant Patrol Leader – Ellis Munoz
- Scout Photos on the Troop Website
We have added a special section to the Gallery that features pictures taken by our Scouts. If you have pictures you would like to submit, send them to me and we will get them posted.
- Superdawg Fundraiser to Benefit Troop 965 – August 14-20
We have arranged with Superdawg on Milwaukee Avenue (Chicago and Wheeling) for a Troop fundraiser. During the week of August 14-20 anyone who gets food from Superdawg and presents our coupon will help the Troop earn 20% of the amount spent. For example: If you buy two Superdawgs, the Troop earns $3.18. We will start distributing the coupon soon.
- Missing Tents
We are missing three tents that didn’t get returned to the Shroom after the last camping weekend. If you have one at home, please bring it in as soon as possible.
See you at the Car Wash this coming Saturday. We need all hands-on deck!
Scoutmaster, Troop 965