Key Takeaways from this Newsletter (but you still need to read it! Right this Minute!)
- Car Wash on July 15
- No Troop Meeting on July 3
- Next Troop Meeting is July 10
- Leadership Positions
- Superdawg Fundraiser – August 14-20
- Next Meeting – July 10 - Ahearn Center (Gym) – 7:00-9:00 PM
We will announce the new leadership positions for the year and making last minute preparations for the Car Wash and summer camp.
Thank you to the parents who came out for the summer camp meeting. We should be in great shape for Owasippe.
Uniform of the Night is a shirt from your favorite sports team. Any kind of shirt is fine, but it must be from a sports team. Please: No Cubs stuff!
- Upcoming Schedule
- Monday, July 3 – No Troop Meeting – Happy Independence Day!
- Monday, July 10 – Regular Troop Meeting – Last Minute Prep for Owasippe
- Saturday, July 15 – CAR WASH! Set-up starts at 8:00!
- Sunday, July 16 – Troop leaves for Owasippe
- Monday, July 17 – No Troop Meeting – Most of the Troop will be at Owasippe
- Saturday, June 22 – Troop returns from Owasippe
- Monday, July 24 – Regular Troop Meeting
- Monday, July 31 – Regular Troop Meeting
- Monday, August 7 – Regular Troop Meeting
- Monday, August 14 – Troop Open House
- Car Wash – Saturday, July 15 – 8AM-1PM – St. Juliana Parking Lot – We Need Everyone!
The annual Car Wash is less than a month away. We need every Scout, Leader, and parent to help. Very little of your annual dues stay in the Troop. Virtually all of your dues payment goes to the Pathway to Adventure Council and your subscription to Scout Life magazine. The proceeds of the Car Wash are critical in supporting the Troop budget. In addition to helping wash and vacuum cars, we are asking for donations of baked goods (cupcakes, cookies, etc.) to offer our car wash patrons.
There is clear evidence that sweets cause wallets to open a little further when it is time to pay for the car wash!
- Scout Photos on the Troop Website
We have added a special section to Gallery that features pictures taken by our Scouts. Louie Perez is our first contributor. If you have pictures you would like to submit, send them to me and we will get them posted.
- New T-Shirts are Here
The new Troop T-shirt has arrived, and it looks great! The cost of the shirt is $8.00. If you received a shirt at the Picnic and haven’t paid yet, please bring your $8 payment to the next Troop meeting. We would like every Scout and Leader to have one, so if cost is an issue, please have a confidential conversation with Pete Stolarski. We can help anyone who is cash strapped.
- Superdawg Fundraiser to Benefit Troop 965 – August 14-20
We have arranged with Superdawg on Milwaukee Avenue (Chicago and Wheeling) for a Troop fundraiser. During the week of August 14-20 anyone who gets food from Superdawg and presents our coupon will help the Troop earn 20% of the amount spent. For example: If you buy two Superdawgs, the Troop earns $3.18. We will start distributing the coupon soon.
- Happy Independence Day!
Have a fun and safe Fourth of July holiday!
Scoutmaster, Troop 965