- Next Meeting – June 19 - Ahearn Center (Gym) – 7:00-9:00 PM
Prior to summer camp we will be appointing new Troop leaders for one-year terms in the positions of Senior Patrol Leader, Assistant Senior Patrol Leader, Scribe, and leaders of each patrol. If you are interested in serving the Troop as one of its leaders, please send me a note this week to let me know what position you are interested in doing.
Class B uniforms for everyone!
- Upcoming Schedule
• Monday, June 19 – Regular Troop Meeting
• Monday, June 26 – Troop Meeting – Special meeting for Owasippe campers and a parent
• Monday, July 3 – No Troop Meeting – Happy Independence Day!
• Monday, July 10 – Regular Troop Meeting – Last Minute Prep for Owasippe
• Saturday, July 15 – CAR WASH!
• Sunday, July 16 – Troop leaves for Owasippe
• Saturday, June 22 – Troop returns from Owasippe
• Monday, July 17 – No Troop Meeting – Most of the Troop will be at Owasippe
• Monday, July 24 – Regular Troop Meeting
• Monday, July 31 – Regular Troop Meeting
• Monday, August 7 – Regular Troop Meeting
• Monday, August 14 – Troop Open House
- Owasippe Parent Meeting – Monday, June 26 – 7:30 PM
During the regular Troop meeting, we will have an important meeting with Scouts who are attending summer camp and a parent. We will have paperwork that needs signing, gear lists, and other camp information.
- New T-Shirts are Here
The new Troop T-shirt has arrived, and it looks great! The cost of the shirt is $8.00. If you received a shirt at the Picnic and haven’t paid yet, please bring your $8 payment to the next Troop meeting. We would like every Scout and Leader to have one, so if cost is an issue, please have a confidential conversation with Pete Stolarski. We can help anyone who is cash strapped.
- Car Wash – Saturday, July 15 – 8AM-1PM – St. Juliana Parking Lot – We Need Everyone!
The annual Car Wash is one month way. We need every Scout, Leader, and parent to help. Very little of your annual dues stay in the Troop. Virtually all of your dues payment goes to the Pathway to Adventure Council and your subscription to Scout Life magazine. The proceeds of the Car Wash are critical in supporting the Troop budget. In addition to helping wash and vacuum cars, we are asking for donations of baked goods (cupcakes, cookies, etc.) to offer our car wash patrons. There is clear evidence that sweets cause wallets to open a little further when it is time to pay for the car wash!
- Health Forms are Now Overdue
If you haven’t submitted your BSA Health Form, please do so as soon as possible. Scouts and registered adults may not participate in any Troop activities until they have turned in their form. Everything you need to know about the form can be found on the Troop website.
- Manistee River Canoe Trip – July 31-August 4
I need to get a sense of how much interest there is in the Manistee River canoe trip. If you are thinking about going, please send me a note to let me know. If we have enough interest, we will need to start planning the trip.
Scoutmaster, Troop 965