Key Takeaways from this Newsletter (Thanksgiving is Here!)
- Next Meeting – November 27
- November 18-19 - Camp Reinberg
- Service Project
- Mass with Fr. John
- Thanksgiving Dinner
- Camping Out on Saturday Night
- Christmas Creche Repairs – Sat, Nov 25
- November-December Calendar
- No Meeting on Monday, November 20
- Next Troop Meeting – Monday, November 27 – Ahearn Center (Gym)
- Everything You Need to Know about the Troop Thanksgiving Celebration
- Thanksgiving Weekend - November 18-19
– Saturday Morning - Service Project – 9:00-Noon
For Scouts and Leaders/Parents going out for the service project on Saturday morning we will meet at the St. Juliana Office Building at 8:00 am on Saturday morning. Everyone must bring a signed copy of the Troop permission slip and the Forest Preserve volunteer waiver. Both forms can be found in the Resource Center.
Here is additional information about working in the Forest Preserves:
From the Forest Preserve Stewards:
BE PREPARED: Brush cutting workdays mean brush pile fires and sparks may fly. Wear old clothes. Natural fibers like cotton or wool are best. Dress in layers because you are sure to warm up from the work and the fire. Don't forget drinking water.
Work boots are great if the Scouts own a pair.
Lunch will be provided for everyone who participates in the morning service project.
- Saturday Afternoon – 3:30 pm Mass with Fr. John with Thanksgiving Dinner to Follow
- Camping Overnight on Saturday Night
Scouts and leaders who are planning to sleep out overnight at Camp Reinberg should pack for cold weather.
- Edison Park Turkey Trot Set-Up – Thanksgiving Day, November 23 – 8:00 am
On Thanksgiving morning, we will meet at 8:00 am in front of Suerth Funeral Home on Northwest Highway to help set up the Edison Park Turkey Trot. No need for uniforms and be sure to dress for the weather. The Turkey Trot involves incredible logistics to handle the thousands of runners who participate. It is fun to get a glimpse of some of the behind-the-scenes action. We should be done by 10:30. This is a great opportunity to earn some service hours.
- Creche Repairs and Updating – Saturday, November 25 – 9:00 am
The parish Christmas creche is a little worn and tired, so we have worked with Fr. John about making some improvements and repainting it in time for the Advent and Christmas season.
- November and December Dates of Note
- Saturday-Sunday, November 18-19 – Service Project, Thanksgiving Mass, Dinner, and Overnighter at Camp Reinberg
- Thursday, November 23 – Edison Park Turkey Trot – Help with Set-Up – 8:00 am
- Saturday, November 25 – Christmas Creche Repairs at Church – 9:00 am
- Mondays, December 4, 11, 18 – Regular Troop Meetings
- Saturday, December 9 – Hike and Bowl – 9:00 am-1:00 pm
- Friday, December 22 – Living Nativity Set-Up and Takedown – Time TBD
- December 25 and January 1 - NO Troop Meetings
See you this coming weekend!
Scoutmaster, Troop 965