Key Takeaways from this Newsletter (First person to read this wins an all expenses paid…)
- Next Meeting – October 30 – School Hall
- Haunted Hike Wrap-Up
- Christmas Creche Repairs
- November-December Calendar
- Next Troop Meeting – Monday, October 30 – School Hall
Thanks to everyone for their assistance with Uncle Pete’s Ministry at our last meeting. We packed 60 bag lunches to add those being made by many parishioners. Thanks especially to Mrs. Albanito and Mrs. Pelrine for coordinating the effort.
Class A uniforms for all Scouts and Leaders... unless you are wearing your Halloween costume!
- Order of the Arrow Haunted Hike
A group of 16 Scouts and adults enjoyed the Order of the Arrow Haunted Hike last Friday night. The OA members did a great job setting up scary scenes that we walked through.
- Creche Repairs and Updating – Saturday, November 25 – 9:00 am
The parish Christmas creche is a little worn and tired, so we have worked with Fr. John about making some improvements and repainting it in time for the Advent and Christmas season. More details when we get a little closer to the date.
- November and December Dates of Note
- Mondays, November 6, 13, 20, 27 – Regular Troop Meetings
- Saturday-Sunday, November 18-19 – Service Project, Thanksgiving Mass, Dinner, and Overnighter
- Thursday, November 23 – Edison Park Turkey Trot – Help with Set-Up
- Saturday, November 25 – Christmas Creche Repairs at Church – 9:00 am
- Mondays, December 4, 11, 18 – Regular Troop Meetings
- December 25 and January 1 - NO Troop Meetings
- Saturday, December 9 – Hike and Bowl – 9:00 am-1:00pm
- Friday, December 22 – Living Nativity Set-Up and Takedown – Time TBD
- November Camping/Thanksgiving Celebration – November 18-19 – Camp Reinberg
You and your family will soon be receiving an invitation in your email for the Thanksgiving Celebration (Mass and Dinner) at Camp Reinberg in Palatine on Saturday, November 18. Watch your email for details.
See you soon.
Scoutmaster, Troop 965